Both the ATHRA Steam locomotive Driver and Steam Locomotive Fireman’s Training Courses are now completed.
Each course comprises:
- Presenter’s Notes
- Participant’s Workbook
- On Job Workbook
- Off Job Assessment
- Off Job Assessment with Answers for the Presenter
- Training and Assessment Strategy (TAS)
The Competency Assessment Checklists at each level have also been developed
- The Steam Fireman’s Competency Assessment Checklist has been trialled on several occasions, and competency units were awarded
- The Steam Driver Competency Assessment Checklist has now also been trialled and two candidates successfully completed their assessments of competence
· ATHRA is developing a Document Control Register defining version identification and who has been issued with what training courses.
ATHRA will soon request nominations for Locomotive Steam Operations Workplace Trainer and Assessors nationwide. Two assessors have been appointed on an interim basis.